It's time to fly

Diposting oleh rilexs-tech on Friday 12 September 2008


Okay, time for something that everybody wants to read about, the jet pack! Back when I was a kid, I longed for the day when everyone would have one of these. Considering that this is the new millennium, I am really disappointed that someone has not mass-marketed these by now. 

I believe that we are well on our way to jet pack proliferation with designer Glenn Martin’s model. It isn’t really a jet pack, per se, because there are no jets involved. Martin uses two gasoline-fueled 200 horsepower fans, which make the jet pack louder than a jet plane.

I suppose the lack of flaming afterburners is why Martin says that his jetpack is the safest. Another reason is that it comes with a built-in parachute, which will hopefully be a standard safety feature for every jetpack. 

I can imagine that machine-assisted flight is probably one of the greatest thrills technology has to offer. It does cost about $250,000, though. 

I hope we will soon come to an era when everybody is flying around on jet packs that are not so expensive. Maybe the skies will be filled with jet packers, and I wonder how long it will take for us to cease to be impressed by it.

source

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }